2014 will always be my favorite year because we welcomed our little girl, but darn 2015 was just as fun! I cannot wait to see what 2016 has in store. We had a lot of change in 2015, but a lot of growth as well. Here is my countdown of my personal top 2015 moments:
1. We always start the year with our daughters birthday. Sloan turned ONE! We had a “Winter ONEderland” Party with family and close friends. It was an awesome day.
2. The day following her party, Sloan was baptized. It was a great service and so special to us.
3. In March, we went on our first trip to Disney World with Sloan. It was exhausting, fun and will be our last until she is older and crazy about all the princesses.
4. In May, we went to Wilmington, N.C. to be apart of my best friends wedding. I loved watching my college best friend become Mrs. Howard.
5. Sometime in May, we found out that Houston’s job would be relocating us to Atlanta, G.A. He got a promotion and it was an offer he couldn’t turn down.
6. In June, I planned my best friends bachelorette weekend in Charleston, S.C. It was so much fun to do beach yoga, lounge by the water and of course, enjoy downtown Charleston. Perfect girls weekend!
7. The first weekend of July, we packed up our house in Charlotte and moved ourselves in a U-Haul to ATL. It was really hard to say goodbye to our city, but we are so thankful for this opportunity.
8. Sometime in July I celebrated my birthday and my bachelorette weekend in Nashville! It was my first time in Nashville and I really fell in love. I laughed, cried and had the best time ever with my girls.
9. Sloan started half day preschool two days a week in late August. This was a big step for her since she had never been to school, but she LOVES her teacher and so do we.
10. September 6, 2015 we got married!! After being engaged for over two years, we finally walked down the aisle and made it official as a family. It was a perfectly laidback day for us and we had the best time with our families and friends.
11. Late September was my very best friends wedding in Charleston and it was picture perfect. Seriously, it was out of a bridal magazine. Plus, Sloan was the flower girl. She ran down to the aisle to me and it was hands down the cutest!
12. The holidays were so much fun this year with Sloan… From picking pumpkins, trick-or-treating, picking out a Christmas tree, seeing Santa and a horse drawn carriage was magical for her.
13. Being able to spend the holidays with all of our family members both here in Georgia and in Charlotte really was great. It was a perfect way to end the year.
While we are already two months into 2016, I have a feeling it will bring some exciting things to us as a family. Guess we will have to wait and see…